Sunday, January 5, 2014

One Simple & Easy Way to Help Someone Else

One Simple & Easy Way to Help Someone Else

Not one of us can be successful on our own. It takes people fulfilling all kinds of roles to support our efforts at getting what we want. It's about relationships. It's about our connections to people with whom we've created magical relationships.

Today, as I thanked a new connection on Twitter for following me, I noticed this photo on their profile and it helped me by making me stop and think for a few minutes about how I measure success.






I'm not a preacher. However, I do invest a significant amount of energy in my efforts to help people achieve life-long success. I believe getting someone to say, "I will do something!" is really close to the true measure of success for me. Close, but not quite it. 



The true measure of success, for me, is when someone says, "I am doing <> to get what I want and be the person I want to be!" Some will say I'm splitting hairs; it's a small difference in meaning but significant just the same. There is often a world of difference between what one says they want to do and what they actually do.



The One Simple & Easy Thing You Can Do


Today I'm interested in helping you by getting you to stop and think for a minute. Then, I want you to do something. 



I want you to share a story about how someone else has helped you and the value it has created in your personal life, professional life, or organizational situation.

Don't know how to write a story? Here's all you need to say, "I am sharing news about how <> has helped me solve <> so you'll know they can help you if you have the same problem!" 

Who will you be helping?

  • The people you're sharing your story with- By telling them about someone who can help them if they need a solution to the same problem.
  • The person, people, or organization who helped you- By promoting their actions and helping others see the value they can create.
  • Yourself- You'll be sharing, giving, helping, and connecting people who can create mutually beneficial, magical relationships!


I can't wait to read your stories! And, the stories those stories create!

I want to give you my free e-book, the "BoomLife Success Planning Guide". Download it and get 7 sessions via email that will help you identify and define your core values so you can live life the life you want, with conviction! It's my way of helping people who want to live truly inspired lives! Want to learn more about it first? You can read about it in my last article, "Setting New Goals? You Need a System!"

BOOM!

Tom Eakin
Success Engineer, BoomLife, LLC
Values-Driven-Success


BoomLife provides personal, professional, and organizational success engineering services. Our Values-Based, practical, GPS Theory processes will help you:

Sign-Up for BoomLife's Newsletter to stay informed of updates, events and news about GPS Theory!

Looking for the Right Self Improvement Opportunities?
Try our GPS Theory App at www.goboomlife.com


Need an Inspirational Speaker for Your Next Event? 
Tom Eakin's presentation of "What Do You Want?" is designed to challenge the way you define success and inspire you to engineer your own personal, professional or organizational path to success. 
email us at tom@goboomlife.com

GET WHAT YOU WANT! 
Getting what you want and being the person you want to be can seem complicated and confusing! Together, we'll define what you want, what it takes to get it and help you realize the kind of success you never been able to achieve before! Sign up for personal one-on-one coaching. You can sign up for a program or a single-session. It's up to you!:

No comments:

Post a Comment